Into The Wild
Changes to the PRD
I will try to document all changes we make to the official rules.
- True Resurrection: Correct the obvious copy-paste error. You should come back with no loss of constitution points, not no constitution points!
- Initial clothing: This is no longer mentioned in the PRD. However, I’ll follow the SRD: One set of clothing (up to some GP limit that I forget) is free and does not count against your encumbrance limit. It does add to your total weight for a mount’s encumbrance (or a pressure plate or what have you).
- Aasimar: It is silly that an Aasimar (>>50% human) does not get any human bonuses, but a Half-Celestial (50% human) does. Therefore, an Aasimar may add the Human bonuses to their Aasimar bonuses if they accept a +1 LA. Furthermore, although their type changes to Outsider (Native) (as indicated in the Bestiary entry but never stated anywhere), they are considered Humanoids for the purpose of spells that affect humanoids! Again, avoiding stupid corner cases
- Fire Elementals and other obviously flaming things always shed light as a torch. The rules are hit or miss, some fiery things say they do and other’s don’t. For once, I am not assuming an omission of X to mean “not X” but rather “fire is fire and sheds light”.
- “Casting Shadows” Spells like darkness effectively darken light flowing THROUGH them so can be thought of as casting shadows (much like Silence casts a “sound shadow” and AMF casts a “antimagic shadow”)
- Alignment Restricted Spellcasting – This is just logical.
- Off-List Spells
- Advanced Simple Template does not increase the INT of animals or other INT-limited creatures.
- As far as I can tell, increasing int retroactively increases skill points (see Headband of Adjective Intelligence) and bonus languages (see True Dragon progression and how they learn languages from age-based int increases). I will likely key Headbands of Adjective Intelligence to come with a language as well as skill points (to prevent taking it off and putting it back on from letting you change language after 24 hours), and I might come up with some way to handle what happens if you put on a headband that grants skills or a language you already know. This also grants Witches and Wizards bonus spells since their starting spells are INT-based. The basic mantra: it should never matter what order things happen in! I should be able to recreate your character at any given level without regard to the specific order of changes made.